Trusted Advisers And Advocates
When you come to our offices, you will meet attorneys who care about you, your family and your future. We are committed to helping you achieve your goals in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Algona Iowa And Kossuth County Lawyers
A General Practice Law Firm Serving Iowa
At the office of McMahon, Stowater, Lynch & Laddusaw, our lawyers bring decades of experience to every case we work on. Though we formed our firm in 2010, we are the product of a merger of two long-standing local law practices (Cassel, McMahon & Stowater and Lynch & Lynch). We have second- and third-generation attorneys as partners, and one of our lawyers has been a member of the bar for more than 50 years. Together, we have more than 120 years of legal experience.
How We Can Help You
We are a general practice firm offering a wide range of services to individuals and businesses in northwest and north-central Iowa, including counsel on matters involving:
- Estate planning and probate administration — We can help you put an effective plan in place for the orderly distribution of your assets upon death, preparing and executing all necessary documentation, including wills and trusts. We also advise executors and administrators, assisting with all matters necessary to settle the estate of a loved one.
- Real estate — Our attorneys handle all matters related to the purchase or sale of a home or farm, from the negotiation of terms to the closing. We will prepare and/or review all necessary documents, including purchase agreements, deeds, mortgages, financing instruments, easements, well agreements, restrictive covenants and closing statements. We also routinely prepare preliminary and final title opinions.
- Starting a business — The most important step is often the first. We have the experience and business law acumen that are critical when setting the foundations of your business.
- Tax issues — We routinely prepare and file tax returns and advise clients with tax disputes and discrepancies. We prepare, and file individual, fiduciary, partnership and corporate tax returns.
- Mergers and acquisitions — When it’s time to buy or sell, we offer the experienced guidance you need.
- Corporate law — Our firm can help you set up a business, working with you to select the appropriate business structure. We can also draft any contracts necessary for your commercial enterprise and can help you plan for succession or dissolution.
- Personal injury — We protect the rights of people who have been hurt because of the careless or negligent acts of others, representing plaintiffs in cases involving auto accidents and dog bites.
We also offer services involving other areas of law. If you have a legal concern that does not appear in the list above, please call us.