A General Practice Law Firm Serving Iowa
At the office of McMahon, Stowater, Lynch & Laddusaw, our lawyers bring decades of experience to every case we handle. Though we formed our firm in 2010, we are the product of a merger of two long-standing local law practices (Cassel, McMahon & Stowater and Lynch & Lynch). We have second- and third-generation attorneys as partners, and one of our lawyers has been a member of the bar for more than 40 years. Together, we have more than 120 years of combined legal experience.
How We Can Help You
We are a general practice firm offering a wide range of services to individuals and businesses in northwest and north-central Iowa, including counsel on matters involving:
- Estate planning and probate administration — We can help you put an effective plan in place for the orderly distribution of your assets upon death, preparing and executing all necessary documentation, including wills and trusts. We also advise executors and administrators, assisting you with all matters necessary to settle the estate of a loved one.
- Real estate — Our attorneys handle all matters related to the purchase or sale of a home or farm, from the negotiation of terms to the closing. We will prepare or review all necessary documents, including buy-sell agreements, deeds, mortgages, financing instruments, easements or restrictive covenants. We also handle title work and can help you challenge foreclosure proceedings.
- Tax issues — We prepare and file tax returns, and assist clients with tax disputes. We handle individual, fiduciary, partnership and corporate tax matters.
- Corporate law — Our firm can help you set up a business, working with you to select the appropriate business form. We can also draft any contracts necessary for your commercial enterprise.
- Personal injury — We protect the rights of people who have been hurt because of the careless or negligent acts of others, representing plaintiffs in cases involving auto accidents and dog bites.
We also offer services involving other areas of law. If you have a legal concern that does not appear in the list above, please call us.